So for the past couple of years I have wanted to drive down to see Temple Square at Christmas time. I haven't seen it at Christmas time since I was a little girl. And with crazy winter weather we just have never made the trip. But this year I said we had to go and so we did. This past weekend we took a trip down to Salt Lake just to see one of the most BEAUTIFUL, sacred buildings in all the world. It was the most wonderful weekend. Ty and Malia went with us too. It was alot of fun having them tag along with us. Hope we can do it again. We left on Saturday morning turned on the Christmas music and headed out on our adventure.
When we got into Salt Lake we went to the hotel to get all settled in so that when we got back late that night all we would have to do is shower and jump in bed. We then took a trip to IKEA. What a great store! Brody and I had never been to one. We enjoyed it lots. We got a few great deals and a pan of their cinnamon rolls.They have fabulous cinnamon rolls! Then we headed to Temple Square.I absolutely love the drive around the stone walls that gate the temple grounds. It was so beautiful with all the garland and lights, just a sneak peak as to what was inside those walls.
The Temple was gorgeous as always and the lights in the trees and bushes were amazing. There was also this beautiful white, life size Nativity and Luminaries lining the reflection pool with pictures of Christ. I just love the feeling you get when standing on sacred ground. I loved the overwhelming happiest feeling I got as I was standing there with my little family having our picture taken in front of the House of the Lord. It was awesome! It took all my might not to cry, knowing that I have the most wonderful man, my other half standing next to me and our two beautiful children that we created there with us and we were together on holy ground. It was something words can never describe. It was AWESOME! The true meaning of Christmas was right there.
After Temple Square we went to eat at the Olive Garden and then off to bed. Our kids were awesome travelers. Broxton had his little DVD player and watched movies and Tinley played with her toys and we sang Christmas songs. This was also Tinley's first long adventure away from home. Then Sunday morning came and we headed home. The weather was perfect the whole time too. I cant wait to take my family back there again!
Headed out on our adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment