Sunday, November 27, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


This Thanksgiving was spent with my family (the Tinker side). It was such a wonderful day. Actually it was a wonderful weekend. ON Thursday morning, Thanksgiving of coarse, Brody went over to my brothers house to play in a Turkey Bowl. They do this every year. My brother organizes a football game AKA a Turkey Bowl and he has a breakfast and then they play. While Brody is out in the freezing cold, I am in our nice warm home getting food ready for dinner and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I absolutely love this parade. It is on my bucket list too... one time before I die,I want to spend Thanksgiving in New York and go to the Macy's Parade and then have a traditional Thanksgiving and then go to Macy's and shop. Oh, I would just LOVE that. One day!
So once Brody got home from the cold, he got ready and we headed to my parents house for some grub. It was a festive day. My mom decorated so wonderfully. The table was decked out in leaves, candles, Pilgrims, Indians, ect. I made some cute Oreo Turkey name place holders for everyones seat. We had a fabulous dinner of turkey (that my brother always carves), rolls, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. It was so good. While we ate we played one of my Dad's many made up games. This one had to do with a band and or artist and you had to guess who it was, something like that. This was Tinley's first Thanksgiving too and she had mashed potatoes for the first time. She even sported a turkey headband and bib.



After dinner we just hung out. Kids got baths and into their PJ's and they played with the toys and then we had dessert. PUMPKIN PIE and OREO TRIFLE. It was so yummy!!! Danielle did a great job making the Pumpkin Pie. Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same with out Pumkpin Pie.
Then on Friday Brody went shopping with his brother and then later we went back to my parents house to help put up their Christmas stuff. This is so special to me because I have done this with my mom since I was a little girl. Every year the day after Thanksgiving we decorate the house with Christmas stuff. It usually take almost all day to do, so of corse we always eat left overs for dinner. So good. Then on Saturday Brody went to the BSU football game with his brother and the kids and I met my mom at the mall to do some Christmas shopping. It was a wonderful weekend. I love the traditions we have in our family and I look forward to doing them every year.

The whole family of Turkey's
Jace and Broxton playing with the magnets on the fridge.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment