Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!


We had a wonderful Easter this year.
The weather was beautiful, bright and sunny and it was perfect!



We woke up and Broxton and Tinley opened their Easter baskets full of toys and chocolate bunnies. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and went to church.


The primary kids sang at church but Broxton got too scared so he didn't join them. Maybe next time.This was his first time singing with the kids. They sang "I'm Trying to be like Jesus". He has been singing it at home while he plays with his toys. At first I couldn't understand what he was singing so I asked him and he grabbed my hand and took me to the picture of Jesus in our living room and sang it to me. It was such a great moment. It was then that I realized that my two little babies are the ones helping remind me to be more like our Savior. Also Broxton's Primary teacher Sister Glynn, had given him an Easter basket that had a colored picture of the Savior and the Tomb and Broxton thought that was so neat. That night when we got home he asked me if he could take the picture of Jesus with him to bed and say his nighttime prayers with him. I loved that. He reminded me then too, that Jesus will always be there no matter what.


After Church we went over to Grandma's and Grandpa's house and had an Easter Egg hunt and dinner with the Chaplin Family and Grams. It was a wonderful time. Ham for dinner was awesome and Broxton had a great time hunting for eggs. He loved all the candy that Grandma gave him too.



The Saturday before Easter my Mom and I made Sugar Eggs for my kiddos. It was so fun to be able to do something this special with my Mom. I loved spending the day with her. For my first Easter, my Mom made me a sugar egg and I still have it. I thought it would be fun to do it for my kids too.






This was also Tinley's First Easter. She looked so pretty in her yellow gingham dress. I went shopping for her Easter dress and I saw it and had to buy it because I remembered my Mom bought me a yellow gingham dress for my first Easter.

Tinley Lake

Me in my yellow dress and sugar egg.


1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so stinkin cute...if it's tolerable to use stinkin' and cute in the same sentance...but they are! We should get together some time for a play date/catch up!

    ReplyDelete