Our little girl, Tinley Lake joined our family Friday May 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm. She came 3 weeks early weighing 6lbs 7oz. I was a work that morning and having major contracts (been having contractions for about 3 weeks) but they weren't close enough to go in. So I tried to ignore them and continue working away. Due to some bleeding about 3-4 weeks ago, the doctor put me on bed rest for half a day. So I was working in the mornings and coming home in the afternoon and resting. As I was preparing to go home for the day and making sure everyone had everything they need from me at work just in case I didnt show up the next week for work, I just had a feeling that I needed to go in that afternoon and get checked. I had just been to the doctor that Monday(5-9-11) and I was 3 1/2 cm and 90%. He told me that he would be so surprised if I made it to my next appointment, a week later. So when I got home from work we headed for the hospital to get checkout. Brody said on the way to Labor and Delivery that afternoon, once we went in we werent go home. I said no way we were having a baby that day and that I would make it to our next appointment. Well, my husband was right.....
Once we arrived at the hospital (4:00 pm), they checked me and I was still 3 1/2 & 90% The nurse stripped some of my membranes and sent me on our way to walk the hospital for an hour to see if that would do anything. After an hour of walking and contracting (it really hurt) at the same time, the nurse checked me again and I was now at a 5 & 95% She looked at me and said... want to have a baby today? No way did I think we were having a baby, but sure enough we were.
They took me to our labor room, got me hooked up to an IV and gave me my epidural (6:00 pm). My contractions we getting pretty bad. My doctor was doing a c-section that evening so he wasn't going to be able to deliver. So the doctor on call for my doctor came in and checked me around 6:30 pm and broke my water. At 9:30 pm I was at an 8 and then at 10:15 I was at a 9. The nurse then said lets do a couple "practice pushes" to get you to that 10 and then she will be here in no time. So we did 1 set of 3 pushes and sure enough I was at a 10. The doctor came in at 10:20 pm and we stared pushing. I pushed for 20 min and our little Tinley arrived.
It was so wonderful. Such a special moment, such a miracle. She looked just like her big brother. They placed my beautiful baby girl on my chest and I remember looking at my husband and he had such a big smile on his face and tiers in his eyes and he leaned down and kissed me and said "she's here!" May 13th was such an amazing day and having our family there was so wonderful too.
Getting ready for the big event...




Broxton loves his little sister. He calls her his "Tinee Gorl" (Tinley Girl) and gives her kisses all the time. The has been such a big help too. He gets her diaper when she needs changed and he gets her blankets and anything she needs.


Going home!
We are home now and everyone is doing great.
Cant wait to watch my two little children grow up and I am so lucky that I get to be their mom.
I love my family so much!
Broxton loves his little sister. He calls her his "Tinee Gorl" (Tinley Girl) and gives her kisses all the time. The has been such a big help too. He gets her diaper when she needs changed and he gets her blankets and anything she needs.
Going home!
We are home now and everyone is doing great.
Cant wait to watch my two little children grow up and I am so lucky that I get to be their mom.
I love my family so much!
Congratulations!!! What a sweet older brother Tinley has! I cannot wait to have a little girl with bows and dresses. She's beautiful!
ReplyDelete